Waking Up Blonde.

Today was the first time since I was little that I have woken up with blonde hair. Granted it's still a tad orange but the orange tint made it more beautiful when I opened my eyes this morning.

I opened my eyes (that are no longer brown, but more of a golden yellow) to a glow I've never seen before. It was like staring into the most breath taking sunrise and or the most magnificent sunset.

I woke up happy.

Could it be that the easiest way to cure my ill's was to bleach my hair? I wish I had of known that three years ago, maybe my life would be in a different place right now.

I'm not saying that anyone who is heart broken, depressed, stressed out, lost or having a crisis should go blonde, but it's helped me and I'm not even a proper tone of blonde yet!

In the movies, women always attack their hair to change their lives. Julia Roberts cuts her hair short to reinvent herself after she escapes her abusive husband in the movie Sleeping With The Enemy. Geena Davis cuts and bleaches her hair blonde to regain her assassin identity in the movie The Long Kiss Goodnight. Mulan cuts her hair to disguise herself as a man in the animation Mulan and so on and so forth.

To become new people, let go of the past and start a fresh, all of these women sacrificed their hair in one way or another. Obviously your hair completes changes your appearance but I'd never really appreciated the dramatic effect it can have on your life, not just your looks.

After living as a black head for the last ten years I've come to the conclusion that despite how mysterious, exotic, sexy and sultry it made me feel, it literally clouded my vision. It's dark, unnatural and negative. I felt happier in one minute of staring through a blonde fringe than I can remember being in a very long time.

Just my luck I will look shocking with blonde hair (when it's finally the shade I want) but you know what? I don't care. I'm going to find a way to make it work. I will not go back to black.

Some say that once you go black you never go back. Others say that blonde's have more fun.

I'll have to get back to you on that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails