Moving House.

So let me tell you about my day.

Last night I slept on the couch. I woke up today, brushed my teeth then started moving all of our extremely heavy boxes onto the ute that we hired. The my brother and I took all the loads to the new house. We unloaded the boxes and took them into the corresponding rooms and then did the same thing again and again and again.

That was my day until 3pm when I almost snapped my thumb off my hand.

When my brother was moving the ottoman (big foot stool) he was trying to fit it in between a book case and the side of the ute. My thumb was right on the corner of the bookshelf when the ottoman was slammed down into place.

Thumb = swollen, tight, black and wont bend from that position, no matter how much 'Kill Bill' "wiggle your big toe" motivation I give it.

So, after half an hour crying and trying to pull it together, it was back to work - thinking I'd just broken my thumb.

We then jump started my car, I parked it on the road and we took another load to the new house. I'm so glad mum found a house only three streets away otherwise today would have been hell.

5pm rolls around and we get a knock on the door. Mum opened the door to see some doosh from our real estate saying that we have to open our house because they scheduled an open day to show prospective tenants through the house. After mum went off her nut, he stood outside for fifteen minutes and no-one showed up to view the property. I don't know if it was embarrassment due to the fact that nobody viewed the property or because mum ripped him a new one but after the fifteen minute open house time slow, he just got in his car and drove off. No 'goodbye' and no 'thanks for your time'. Rude bastard.

NEVER RENT FROM RUN PROPERTY IN CARLTON!! They are the most incompetent, rude and ridiculously demanding real estate we have ever leased through.

Anyway, mum and bro have gone to post a parcel that mum sold on Ebay. You should see how many bags of clothes are in my new room at the moment just waiting to be unpacked. I'm not even going to bother explaining the amount of stuff I have to sell - mostly clothes and shoes. You wouldn't believe me even if I told you.

I'll be taking photos tomorrow and fingers crossed that I can jump on the net to post them. Our new internet provider just sent me a text message to say that there are no available ports at our new house so we may have to wait a month for internet to be connected. I'll wait til my brother eats before I tell him. He is usually a bit happier after a feed lol.

So far, this move has been easy, hard, disappointing, painful, aggravating and f'd up.

I can't wait until we are in the new house. It's like a clean slate, you know? I already have my room planned out, a schedule for myself and ideas for my vlog and blog posts. I'm definitely going to step up my professionalism with my vlog. I need to find the perfect spot to record, set up a nice background and organize my wardrobe so I can show you guys through.

Oh, best part of moving house? I FOUND MY TWO DIOR DRESSES FOR SUMMER! Oh, plus I found like three boxes of makeup, fifty odd nail polishes and some other random stuff.

Here is all that is left in my lounge room at the moment.

A couch, a rolled up carpet and a bookshelf.

Hope your day has been as eventful but less painful and aggravating as mine.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails