Burn That Broken Record. I'm Sick Of It Repeating.

I'm one of those people who gets bored with their image. I feel like no matter how different I do my makeup from day to day, it's not enough. In the words of Bruce Springsteen 'I ain't nothing but tired, man I'm just tired and bored with myself... I check my look in the mirror, wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face.' It may not sound right the way I've written it because I have just taken random lines from different parts in the song as an example.

If you don't know what song that is, shame on you. It's called Dancing In The Dark. I suggest you all download it right now! I think everyone experiences something similar to this song in their lives. This song means a million different things but only one thing.

I try and reinvent myself as often as possible. My hair is really the only thing that changes my look. I don't like messing with it too often because of the length, thickness and overall health of it. As I've told you before, sometimes the devil in my ear gets the best of me and I end up buying the biggest container of bleach available at my local Hairhouse Warehouse. 99% of the time it ends up in disaster and I promise myself I'll never do it again. Three weeks ago I forgot my bleach rule and two toned my hair. It's healthy as can be. Black down to my chin and ash brown from my chin to my bum.

This post isn't going to be very picture heavy. After all that I've just written, this post is simply about the fact that I have repeated looks.

Here's a perfect example of history repeating itself.
Other examples of my hair repeats are my bangs, V cut (worst mistake ever) and thick chunks of hot pink, purple or red foils.

At an underage club with Eri and Krystal. I was 14.

At home with Montana. I was 14.


In my house in Ardmona. I was 20.

Pin prick/match stick foils. Big no no girls. Never again. It is, as they say, 'soooo 1990's'.

Some trends should not be repeated.

Do you find yourself repeating things from the good old days? If so, what are they/were they?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am to scared to change up my hair since its been long for like ever as I can remember. I never dye it either. Maybe put a temp fun color in but it lasts like a week. I came so close to deciding to cut it off at a angle shoulder length bob last night but then I realized I would wither look shorter than I am now with it and plus my wedding is coming up!! less than 80 days away

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails