The Time Of The LBD.

There once was a time where all a woman really needed as a fashion essential was a little black dress. The lbd was a must-have and if you didn't have it, you needed and wanted to get it - asap!

With all do respect, I'm 22 years old. I have the rest of my life to wear black. I have the rest of my life to wear the simple dress that makes me look understated, classy, elegant, proper and all that jazz. Besides, who says a little black dress is the only thing that can do all of those things for you? At this point in my life the only two things I'm wearing a little black dress to is work (if I were a secretary) or, god forbid, a funeral.

I hate to say it, but the lbd in my eyes is something for the ladies and I don't want to be considered a 'lady' until I'm a tad more vintage. Late 40's is when I'll be looking for the black dress that is right for my body shape. Until then, it's colour, colour and more colour. I'll substitute black for grey if I have to. Maybe even cream in some circumstances.

In my must-have wardrobe there are 10 odd things every girl/woman in her 20's and 30's needs.

Something polka dot.

Something iconic French.

Something red.

Something leather or that looks like leather.

Something with skulls.

Something fur/faux fur.

Something that sparkles.

Something ripped/shredded/torn.

Something high waisted.

Something elegant.

Something loud.

Something feminine/romantic.

It's a pretty wide range of things I gave you to work with but do you agree?

How many of these things do you own?

In my opinion, all of these things cover a lot of different fashion looks and would make your wardrobe diverse. But like I said, it's my opinion.

What is your fashion must-have?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails