Makeup, Vuitton, Movies, Rock, Mr Marsden & A Partridge In A Pear Tree


Do you ever buy things that are just so pretty and never use them because of it?


I bought my mum two YSL eyeshadows for her birthday and 4 weeks later, she still hasn't used them. Not using the Shimmering Quartz/Deep Amethyst I get, because it has a big YSL engraved/monogrammed into it so its too fantastic to ruin but the Absinthe quad doesn't have anything on top of it but a clear plastic protector film/sheet. I'm so quick to throw around all my Mac, Nars and Napoleon makeup but my 'high class' stuff stays exactly that; high. Almost out of reach in fact.
My mums YSL eyeshadows are so high up on a shelf we pretty much have to channel our inner ballet dancer just to reach them. I'm exactly the same with my makeup. I bought a beautiful pale pink Versace nail polish and it took me 4 weeks to take it out of the box and test it on a nail! I'm weird, because I'll wear my Louis Vuitton Miroir bag with trackies and a tshirt (even though it weighs so much I may as well be carrying around a plasma tv under my arm) but I hesitate to wear my designer makeup unless its a special occasion.

I never had this problem when I was younger. Mum would come home with a fantastic new Chanel eyeliner and I'd want to wear it even if I was just going outside to get the mail! I don't know if it's the tightass in me, or if I have just grown a huge appreciation for designer items that eventually run out. What are your thoughts on the whole thing? I cant even bring myself to open the lid of my new Chanel compact. It's gotten past the point of ridiculous. So, after proof reading this entry I'm going to change my ways. Why do I bother spending all this money if the stuff is never going to get used? It's not like I can start a museum of designer cosmetics. Although that would be pretty freakin awesome! - But not realistic.. & incredibly expensive.

I'd like you all to witness this step so I've posted photos of some of my designer makeup collection. It's time to crack the seal on all those beautiful gold cased YSL eyeshadows, black & white Chanel compacts & lipsticks and sift through all my other cosmetics to find the odd Dior, Versace and other designer makeup items I'm hoarding.













Tomorrow I'm heading off to my grandparents for a few days. I don't know if I mentioned it or not but my grandmother has bought a laptop so she can keep read our blogs everyday to see whats happening when were overseas. I'll be spending a week at their house, give or take a day or two. I'm planning on taking our laptops to the Golden Arches (aka McDonalds) to take advantage of their free wireless internet. Should be exciting.

Yesterday was a huge success with taking a lot of photos and uploading a tonne of items to the site. We want at least 1,500 items on before we start advertising flat out & I never realized what a long process it would be. I think it would be easier if there were more people helping out but it's just my mum and I so were not stressing ourselves out and taking it slow. The fact we keep getting sidetracked with the movies we put on for 'background noise' doesn't help. We have watched these movies 100 times so you think they wouldn't distract us, right? Well they do. Besides, music is annoying when your working. It aggravates me something shocking. I end up focusing on the lyrics, not what mum is dictating to me for the items description. If you come across a description that goes like this, you know exactly what was going on at the time!

BRAND: Kookai
SIZE: 12
CONDITION: New Without Tags
DETAILS: A gorgeous pair of firm fitting stretch denim knee length peddle pushers electric boots, a mohair suit, you know I read it in a magazinnnneee oh ohhhhh..

For those of you who aren't more familiar with that piece of classic rock - it's Benny And The Jets.

I cant seem to get that song out of my head since I seen the tv advertising 27 dresses about a week or two ago. While were on that note, let me just say: James Marsden - What a fox. This is the first time in his movies that I have really noticed it but Mr Marsden is the ultimate boy next door.

There is something genuine about his smile. He looks like one of those nice normal guys.. Well that's what I thought until I type his name in googlesearch without adding '27 dresses' on the end and WOAH MAMA! He went from the cute nerd to a rebellious bad boy in .3 seconds.

His bone structure is a work of art!

Now that I think about it, there are a lot of guys that I'm finding attractive that I wouldn't have a few years back. I'm going to dedicate an entire blog to all the underdog Hollywood Hotties sometime soon but until then, you'll have to make do with him.

I know my blogs are long and involved but I have a lot to say. I have even bought a notebook that I carry around in case of 'Blog Inspiration'. Besides, I like long involved blogs, it's like having a conversation with the person. So, thanks for the chat and until next time..


Peace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails