Mascara Review - Maybelline Great Lash BIG Mascara.


First off, let me apologize for the low quality of photos as they were taken on my Macbook Pro.

I'm reviewing the Maybelline Great Lash BIG Mascara. It's a very funky tube in Barbie pink and lime green.

Packaging for me gets an 8/10 just for the fact that it's so distinctive and fun.

The mascara itself is not as impressive as the packaging.

I have naturally long lashes - and I mean VERY long. If I look up, my lashes touch my eyebrows. You can't tell when your looking at me with no makeup because the tips of my eyelashes are blonde so they can look quite stubby, but they're lying to you.

As you can see from the photos below - this mascara does NOT do my lashes justice at all. To me, it's like wearing no mascara.

The wand wouldn't even allow me to cover my the blonde ends of my eyelashes.

This is me with SIX COATS.

Left - No mascara. Right - Great Lash BIG.
As you can tell - it doesn't add anything, just makes them black.

Click photo to enlarge

All in all this mascara is not for me. But in saying that, the finish is amazing.
It is soft, non sticky, non-drying, doesn't flake off and lasts all day and night.

If you are looking for a mascara to trick the world into believing your eyes look this good all the time - then this is the mascara for you.

Overall - taking into consideration that it's a fantastic finish, lasts so long, looks so natural and doesn't smell - I give this mascara a 6/10.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails